Southern Railway Recruitment 2016: 117 Commercial Clerk, Ticket Examiner & Clerk-cum-Typist Posts
Southern Railway Jobs 2016: 117 Commercial Clerk, Ticket Examiner & Clerk-cum-Typist Posts
Southern Railway is seeking for those candidates, who are able for the posts of Commercial Clerk, Ticket Examiner & Clerk-cum-Typist under General Departmental Competitive Examination in Southern Railway.
Number of Posts: 117 Posts
Name of the Position:
- Commercial Clerk: 16 Posts
- Ticket Examiner: 61 Posts
- Clerk-cum-Typist: 40 Posts
Age Limit : Maximum 42 years; 45 years for OBC & 47 years for SC/ST as on 01-July-2016
- Commercial Clerk & Ticket Examiner : Passed 12th or equivalent examination with 50% marks for General /OBC candidates.
- Clerk-cum-Typist : Passed 12th or its equavilant examination with 50% marks with typing speed 30 w.p.m. in Engish/ 25 w.p.m. in Hindi on computer / Typewriter.
- Commercial Clerk: Rs. 5200-20200/- + GP Rs. 2000/-
- Ticket Examiner: Rs. 5200-20200/- + GP Rs. 1900/-
- Clerk-cum-Typist: Rs. 5200-20200/- + GP Rs. 1900/-
How to Apply:Eligible applicants can send their filled application with all required documents to The Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, No.5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Cresent Road, Behind Ethiraj College, Egmore, Chennai 600 008.
Last Date for receipt of Application: 01-August-2016
For more information on this recruitment, please visit advertisement Southern Railway Recruitment 2016
Southern Railway Recruitment 2016: 862 Act Apprentices Posts
Southern Railway is seeking for those candidates, who are able for the posts of Act Apprentices in Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur and and various units of Southern Railway in the Stream of Freshers & Ex. ITI.
Number of Posts: 862 Posts
Name of the Position: Act Apprentices
Age Limit as on 01-10-2016:
- Freshers : 15 to 20 years
- Ex. ITI : 15 to 22 years
- Medical Laboratory Technician : 15 to 24 years
Education Qualification :
- Freshers : Candidates should have passed 10th Class Examination under 10 +2 system of education or its equivalent.
- Ex. ITI : Candidates should have passed 10th Class Examination under 10 +2 system of education or its equivalent and ITI course in the relevant Trades in the Government recognized ITI.
Pay Scale : Rs. 5700/- Per Month
Selection Process : The selection is on the basis of merit list prepared based on the marks secured in the X and ITI in respect of all the candidates.
Application Fee :
- General/ OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- through Postal Order drawn in favour of the Work Shop Personnel Officer, Carriage & Wagon Works, Southern Railway,Perambur, Chennai 600023 Payable at Chennai.
- There is no application fee for SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible and Interested Candidates can send their completed application form along with photocopies of relevant documents, Colour passport size photograph send to the Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur, Southern Railway, Chennai – 600 023.
Last Date for Submission of Application : 20-June-2016
For more information on this recruitment, please visit advertisement
About Southern Railway:
Southern Railway to its present form as incorporated in the year 1951. They are the merger of three State railways namely South Maharatta Railway, South Indian railway and Mysore State railway. Their present network is extended to large areas of Southern Peninsula which covers the State of Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala and certain portion of Andhra Pradesh. Initially they hold their Head quarters at Tiruchirapalli which was registered as a company in London in the year 1890. This is one of the plentiful and cultural city of Southern state that are extended to Mangalore on the west costal, Kanyakumari on South, Renigunta in the North West and Gurdur in North East.
They are residing from its Head Quarter associated at Chennai and are comprise of six main divisions. This includes- Chennai, Tiruchirapalli, Madurai, Salem, Palghat and Trivandrum respectively. The revenue generated for these zones are based on passengers not on freights. More than 500 passengers travel daily with them where world class standards are emerged in almost every major station of Chennai. Southern Railway is consisting of multiple units that deals with various task based on specification simultaneously. Such divisions perform tasks related to diesel, medical, operating, security, electrical & communication, mechanical, weapon maintenance and printing press. Training centers offers each staff members and employee the opportunity to get upgraded with latest technologies.
Railway offers various opportunities for both experienced and fresher candidates. Based upon the number of vacancies and norms of Railway Recruitment Board, selection is carried out yearly basis. Those who are interested to start their job in this industry can apply through the application form to required post. Vacancies are offered in technical and non technical branches as per requirement. Those who are trying for technical filed have to get through the written exam follow with proficiency and personal interview. Final selection will be based on marks scored at each round individually. Merit list will carry out the names of the students those who have secured relatively high in each test. Interview is conducted to check individual’s capability, analytical, decision making skills and behaviour towards their work.